Thursday, April 23, 2009

Voting day in Bangalore

Today, being the 23rd of April 2009, its the day of voting in the city of Bangalore (also called as Bengaluru). I was one amongst the first few voters to cast my vote at the nearby polling station which is part of the Bommanahalli assembly constituency. I cast my vote to elect the next representative for the Bangalore South parliamentary constituency. Its an exciting feeling as this is the first time that I have cast my vote in Bangalore. In the past I had cast my vote in Chennai almost every election ever since I became an eligible voter of this country.

I sincerely hope and wish that more number of people cast their votes and hence ensure that the elected representative is indeed a true representative who has been preferred by a vast majority of the voters of the respective constituency.