Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This is the poem that I created in honour of my mom on the occasion of International Womens Day on 08th March 2001.

Dear Amma,

March 8th, being the Women's Day, i felt this is the apt time to tell You how much you mean to me.

I have learnt how to show our affection and love for our dear ones from the way you took care of me when i was in bed after a gruesome injuiry.

I have learnt how to share others' happiness from the way you Expressed your happiness whenever i got the first rank while i was studying and also when i got my first job in life.

I have learnt how to accept and take up challenges in life from the narrations of various hardships that you had come across in your life.

I have learnt the nuances of dedication and sincerity from the way you do things.....

I have learnt how to execute tasks in an organized manner. " ... Observe sharply, learn quickly and do it right the first time ... "
Amma, i will never forget this advice in my lifetime.

You had always been a constant source of inspiration to me. But for Your love and affection, I wouldn't have been what I am today....

To end with I just want to say Amma, you mean a world to me...

Loving son
Vijay